About Me

My photo
We've lived alot of places including S.Korea, Seattle and San Diego. We've liked all the places we've been, but we like our current home the best! We now live in a great town with fabulous people that appreciate the value of hard work and a kind word. Its tough to find that type of place anymore. So with that said, we enjoy taking road trips, working on our house, growing our garden, attempting new recipes, and just hanging out as a family pursuing new and old hobbies, and spending time with our families. We have lots to be thankful for, and hope to share a glimpse into that here. Visit often, sit awhile and leave a comment!

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

thankful tuesdays

Going to try something new...

Today, I am thankful for...

My Children!

Joshua, has begun to have very deep conversations with me about life and God. I love learning scriptures with him, and he is so motivated to keep learning. Like any other kid, he struggles with the sin nature that we are born with. He has been learning about Adam, Eve and Noah. While learning about these first humans in the Bible, he is beginning to understand the corelation between the relationship with a Holy God and how our sin nature gets in the way. As a mom, I enjoy reading Bible stories with him, and hearing his thoughts and insights. I'm reminded of what it says in Deuteronomy 6:5-9 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." This verse commands parents that their everyday lives reflect their own relationship with God. Its so easy to get swallowed up in all the distractions that our lives offer. I love technology, but its also my greatest enemy.

My youngest son, Caleb, is very much in the toddler stage of his life. He speaks new words every single day. Yesterday, he impressed us with his ability to say "spungbb" which is short for Spongebob... and today it was "Biblstdy" short for Bible Study. He's sometimes irrational, and other times the most loving little boy. He may not understand all the Bible stories that I am reading to his big brother and he may not fully participate in our conversations, but he's observing our reactions, and responses. He watches closely as I respond to his big brother in challenging situations. He waits to see how I will respond when he doesn't get his way. These are all moments where I am leaving a valuable imprint on his heart, and showing him how much he's loved by me and ultimately by God. I am thankful for all the differences in Caleb's personality. I am thankful for the way he pulls my face to his and kisses me.

I am a blessed mama, who is thankful for these little boys that I get to raise! What an honor! I will return to this post later when things get a little chaotic, reminders of the good are important!

No comments: