About Me

My photo
We've lived alot of places including S.Korea, Seattle and San Diego. We've liked all the places we've been, but we like our current home the best! We now live in a great town with fabulous people that appreciate the value of hard work and a kind word. Its tough to find that type of place anymore. So with that said, we enjoy taking road trips, working on our house, growing our garden, attempting new recipes, and just hanging out as a family pursuing new and old hobbies, and spending time with our families. We have lots to be thankful for, and hope to share a glimpse into that here. Visit often, sit awhile and leave a comment!

Friday, February 25, 2011

When it rains it pours....

Have you ever gone through a season in your life where nothing seems to let up? Where its just one sad event followed by another and with hard times in between? Over the past 6 weeks we have had at least two or three viruses sweep through our house, a husband working lots of overtime without extra pay, 2 surgeries, and 2 deaths. Lots of puking, new teeth, and lots of clinging from the toddler sort. Additional heavy lifting for me, and overwhelming sadness following the deaths. The first death was of my dearest friend's baby, you can read about it here. My friend Rachel, has been a super friend to me over the past year... and her loss was so very sad to me. Having experienced 2 miscarriages, I am familiar with loss, and I am familiar with that horrible feeling of losing a child. My miscarried babies were young, but the truth is that God knows them. He knows them. I may not, but He does. Rachel's loss has helped me to acknowledge my own. God is good and He uses the pain of others to help us acknowledge what we've not been able to. Sometimes its scary to face that kind of pain in our lives. I know that it is for me. Crying, especially in front of someone else is really hard. Being vulnerable can be a tough thing to do. I am thankful that this vulnerability has allowed people to come into my life that are blessing me when things are hard. I am so fortunate that I've got friends who are understanding of life's challenges. So many of my friends have called me more often, and made meals for my family.
Perhaps, if nothing else, the rain also brings about some rainbows... in the form of friends. My friends are like rainbows of promise to me in this season that God is good, and that despite the challenges He's always there for us. I am thankful for the rainbow after the pouring rain that life sometimes brings.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your post is wonderful. I am so blessed to have a friend like you.
The rain also makes things new...while it is hard when it is raining, think of the beauty that comes out of the rain.
You are loved.