About Me

My photo
We've lived alot of places including S.Korea, Seattle and San Diego. We've liked all the places we've been, but we like our current home the best! We now live in a great town with fabulous people that appreciate the value of hard work and a kind word. Its tough to find that type of place anymore. So with that said, we enjoy taking road trips, working on our house, growing our garden, attempting new recipes, and just hanging out as a family pursuing new and old hobbies, and spending time with our families. We have lots to be thankful for, and hope to share a glimpse into that here. Visit often, sit awhile and leave a comment!

Monday, March 21, 2011

An Angry Gallbladder... and a THANKFUL heart

Last week, my blog was neglected as I started having increased problems with my gallbladder. I spent Wednesday evening in the E.R. not feeling well, and getting the worse IV poke of my life. Came home with strong meds to help alleviate the pain, and by Friday morning I was back in the E.R. sicker than on Wednesday night. By 1pm on Friday, I was laying on a gurney in the O.R. feeling scared and uncomfortable. At 3:20, I woke up in the recovery room, all too aware of my post-surgery discomfort, sore throat, and pain in areas I didn't know. I was home by 5:30pm that night, and resting as comfortably as possible. My favorite part of the whole day was when the surgeon referred to my gallbladder as "angry" LOL indeed it was. It wanted to jump ship, and fast!
Once again, I was reminded at what great friends that I have. My friend Rachel was awesome and cared for my kids all day. By the time I was out of surgery she had already arranged meals for my family. My friend Gina, took care of Joshua all afternoon on Saturday, which he thoroughly enjoyed! These women who are bringing me meals have done so many times before. They have really embodied what the church is supposed to be in real life. I am thankful that they are going out of their way to bless me in this time of need. I hope that I will be able to return the favor to them someday. Thank you Rachel, Gina, Sharon, Leana, and Jen. All of you are such a blessing to me, thank you for all that you are doing, even in the midst of caring for your own families. Not a single one of you is bored by any means... and you still find time to care for others. THANK YOU!!!

My husband has been amazing as well, he has had to step right into the role of childcare, laundry, housecleaning, and he's doing awesome! The boys are enjoying all the extra time with Daddy, and I'm catching up on shows and books. Everyday, I'm able to do a little more, but I am only able to be on my feet for a few minutes at a time. Hopefully, that will improve over the next few days... and since I'm being so well taken care of by my husband and friends, I'm sure I'll be 100% by next week!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEA!! So glad you are on the road to recovery and are feeling better every day! God is good :) Luv ya, sis!!
~Jen!~