About Me

My photo
We've lived alot of places including S.Korea, Seattle and San Diego. We've liked all the places we've been, but we like our current home the best! We now live in a great town with fabulous people that appreciate the value of hard work and a kind word. Its tough to find that type of place anymore. So with that said, we enjoy taking road trips, working on our house, growing our garden, attempting new recipes, and just hanging out as a family pursuing new and old hobbies, and spending time with our families. We have lots to be thankful for, and hope to share a glimpse into that here. Visit often, sit awhile and leave a comment!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Music Monday: Kari Jobe

To kick off music mondays... I'd like to first talk about my newest favorite music artist. Kari Jobe, is one of my favorite musicians... her music is passionate, true, and encouraging. I recently had the joy of handing out about ten of her CDs to some friends and family. Her music speaks about the truth of our Father's love for us. Her honest lyrics remind me that I am a daughter of the King, and that He loves me in a way that no one else can. In one of her songs, she sings about how God is singing over me... how often do we forget that the very God of the universe has created each of us down to our very last detail. In Psalm 139, we are told that God knit us together in our mother's womb. He didn't just speak "be born." which He as God could have done. No, instead He decided specifically to take care of each detail, and he knows every hair on our head.

I've gone on a bit of a tangent here... but the point is that Kari Jobe's music reminds me of the truths that are often forgotten in the humdrum of my life. When things don't go the way I wish that they did, or the kids are particularly wild one day, I can listen to her CD and quickly be reminded that even in the midst of my daily chaos... there is a God in Heaven, watching and even delighting in me.

No comments: