About Me

My photo
We've lived alot of places including S.Korea, Seattle and San Diego. We've liked all the places we've been, but we like our current home the best! We now live in a great town with fabulous people that appreciate the value of hard work and a kind word. Its tough to find that type of place anymore. So with that said, we enjoy taking road trips, working on our house, growing our garden, attempting new recipes, and just hanging out as a family pursuing new and old hobbies, and spending time with our families. We have lots to be thankful for, and hope to share a glimpse into that here. Visit often, sit awhile and leave a comment!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

thankful tuesday

This week, I am most thankful for my home. In light of last week's earthquakes, and tsunamis, I am thankful for the shelter that I call my home. I know that its easy for me to forget what a luxury my home is. My family has beds to sleep in, and warm place to be when its cold out, and a cool place to be when its hot out. Its difficult to even relate to the kind of tragedy that has unsettled thousands of people on the other side of the pacific. The only time in my life where I experienced true fear of my home being in danger was when we were living in San Diego. At the time, there was a bad 'santa ana' which is high, hot winds. In the course of a week, there was a ring of areas that were on fire, and we were in the middle. Sadly, many people did lose their homes, and it was a hard time for San Diego county. We weren't in any real danger, but we were warned to be prepared. The air was so badly polluted that leaving the house was not recommended. Being stuck indoors, led to lots of news watching and that led to fear.
As I think about the people of Japan, my heart is breaking for them. I cannot even imagine how all the mothers and fathers feel as they look for shelter to keep their children safe and warm. Worse, the feeling of total displacement, not knowing where to go, or where your family is, or if they are even alive. We all know that the repair is going to take a long time. In my thankfulness for what I have, I hope to find a way to support the people of Japan in a way that will help, even in a small way.

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

No comments: