About Me

My photo
We've lived alot of places including S.Korea, Seattle and San Diego. We've liked all the places we've been, but we like our current home the best! We now live in a great town with fabulous people that appreciate the value of hard work and a kind word. Its tough to find that type of place anymore. So with that said, we enjoy taking road trips, working on our house, growing our garden, attempting new recipes, and just hanging out as a family pursuing new and old hobbies, and spending time with our families. We have lots to be thankful for, and hope to share a glimpse into that here. Visit often, sit awhile and leave a comment!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

such a short season

Recently I've heard lots of people say to me, this season of life is short. The well-meaning individuals are referring to the years that my children are young. They are right, the season is short, and their sentiment is well-intentioned. However, and this is a BIG however, I think that I am speaking for many moms when I say that there are days in which I'm so thankful its a short season. I'd happily pass on my carpet being covered in everything toys to poop, the ear piercing screams, requests that are just repackaged and repeated (moms of kids 5 and older know exactly what I mean...)
All of those things, I'd happily pass, but if I did, would I appreciate these things?
I would not pass on the hugs, kisses, smiles, laughs, drawings, snuggles, and the unraveling of such intricate and unique personalities. My boys really have some great personalities. Joshua has been charming everyone for a long time. Caleb isn't much of a charmer, but more of a comedian that makes himself laugh. He knows he's funny even if you don't. Both of these boys astound me, because they are both so different, 4 years apart in age, and yet they get along, they love to play with each other. It warms a mama's heart to hear her children having fun together. They have their moments, but they truly care about the well-being of the other. So I guess what it makes me realize is that even in this short season of many struggles and joys, I had better enjoy this time that they are in my house, having the time to be brothers, because someday they will get married, be husbands and have families of their own.

No comments: